-
-
- - -
- Google

Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Today is My Birthday

Today is my birthday. I was born under the sign of Leo. Today I am sixty years of age. My seventh decade of life. Some days I feel like I'm in my thirties some days I feel like I'm in my seventies.

But I'm thankful to be alive at sixty.

I've learned much in my sixty years and want to give back as much as I can to others.

This past year has been especially tough for me. My father passed away at age 84, last July 1st. I was hospitalized for my blood sugar being out of control in January, for Pulmonary embolisms, last July, and diverticulitis in December/ January of this year. Each of which took something out of me.

My father lived a full life and taught me much, both good and not so good. But each with it's own lesson to be learned.

My illnesses made me wiser, and to appreciate how fragile our health really is.

I am re-dedicating myself to try and teach what I have learned and to listen to learn from others. To learn to appreciate what life offers us in all of its glory.
To see the beauty in the world and the people around us and to listen in the quietness of life to God as he whispers his words to live by.

Yes today is my birthday. I will use this day as a new beginning to love life, to appreciate more, to complain less, too see more, to feel more and to live more.

No comments:

-
-
- - -
- Google
-