-
-
- - -
- Google

Saturday, January 5, 2008

Health Blog Initial Thoughts

In writing a blog on health issues, determining how to present information accurately and simply is of primary importance. I shall attempt to accomplish this by writing about health issues in a simple and direct manner. As a former professor of medicine I love teaching. I love seeing that "light" come on when a student suddenly understands whatever concept we are covering. When I was a medical student, I loved the moment understanding came to me in a "aha" moment. Suddenly, what had seemed complex became a part of my understanding, "yes, now I understand!". This understanding is not limited to medical students, engineering students or other complex studies. Rather understanding can be universal and should be. If a person reads many of the medical websites, blogs or articles, it seems most try to complicate their knowledge to appear to be beyond the understanding of the public. They seem to try to communicate only with others in the complex, medical jargon that doctors and researchers often communicate. The non-medical person will have difficulty understanding the information. I will attempt to communicate what is known in health and medicine, in a more understandable manner. So you, the reader, can make smart choices in regards to your health. I welcome your questions and comments and together we can help each other in making Smart Health Choices.

No comments:

-
-
- - -
- Google
-